Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Film opening

Ollie Hill- 1942

I worked with  Millie levine, Grace Clare and Olivia Davies

Our brief was to make the titles and opening of a new fiction film (to last a maximum of two minutes). We made a thriller film opening / psychological thriller film opening entitled Extraction.

I took responsibility for the directing all of the scenes, as I came up with ideas of shot angles and what was happening within each scene  

I also took responsibility for the lots of the camerawork included in the scenes where I am not seen in the shot, in particular when we see Millie running away and escaping the male following her. 

I also take responsibility for the title design. As I used premiere Pro to edit the transparency of the title as it fades out at the end. 

I took full responsibility for set design, I created the pinboard which is a key prop. I used powerpoint to gather all the pictures used in this prop.  Were we see this at the beginning and end in the shed. Whilst filming the scene within the shed I also was cautious of the lighting in the scene by using my Iphone flash. As well as this I designed the set were we are in a dark room with two screens. I created the screens with the MRI scans of brains and picture of Millie and source the digital hacking screen we also see in this scene. I also decided the locations of filming.  

I took responsibility for the all of the editing, which I did individually. To edit I used Premiere Pro. Within doing the editing i faced lots of challenges as it was the first time is used the software and wasn't familiar with all the tools. However, one of the biggest challenged i faced was making sure that the action in the chase scene was interesting and grabbed the audiences attention. I also took feedback from external people and made these corrections alone. 

I designed and made the Production Company logo HILL LIMITLESS. I designed the logo in photoshop and took it over to premiere pro then took it over to Premiere to create the final cut adding sound and movement. I also made the production company logo LEVINE LOOPS in premier pro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Extraction Film Opening